Evelyn County. 2002 AIA Architecture Award Commercial New Category
The building is located immediately adjacent to the Evelyn County Estate Vineyard. Three main components include cellar door sales, Gallery and Restaurant, all of which promote vineyard wines.
The interior space is on a platform projecting out of the site slope so that elevated views of the vineyard and landscape can be enjoyed.
The roof tilts up towards the road so that on approach, from uphill at the vineyard entrance, the interior can be seen.
The internal space can be reconfigured in a number of ways using sliding wall panels to maximise varied uses in a single volume.
- 2002 Australian Institute of Architects Commercial – New
- 2002 AISC Victorian Premier Steel Construction Award (VIC)
- 2003 Victorian Tourism Awards
- Architectural Review. Issue 78, ‘Tri-Vista – Evelyn County Estate’ by Stefano Scalzo.
- Architecture and urbanism 2008:10 No. 457. ‘Wine and Architecture’
- Chiorino, Francesca. ‘Architeture e vino’, Milan, Italy, Modadori Elctra S.P.A., 2007