CAR MAD HOUSE
Designed for 2 people who are ‘mad on cars’, one of whom is an engineer and the other a management consultant, the split level single storey residence follows the slope of the site incorporating 2 living areas, dining room and kitchen.
The house comprises four main elements that express different functions:
- A brick box containing 4 cars
- A timber box on top of the garage containing the bedrooms
- A glass wing with roof that follows the site slope containing living areas
- A stainless steel spine and circulation stair
- Today’s Living. May 2000. ‘The Right Gear’ (Car Mad House) by Natalie Watchman and Karen Wong.
- DOMAIN. 20 October 1999. ‘Element of surprise’ (Car Mad House) by Stephen Crafti
- HOUSES. Issue 19 1999 “Fuel Injected Flair” (Bacchus Marsh House) by Julie Oliver